Only four more days left on the countdown! I am so excited that the thing for which we have worked and planned for the last couple of years is about to begin in earnest! It’s a hectic time for the crew of Beatitude as final preparations take place.
Since returning from Ohio this past Saturday I’ve checked a few items of the to-do-list in the midst of my mini-work marathon of 10 shifts in 9 days. Six shifts are now behind me with four to go. Other than sleeping, I’ve had minimal time on the boat, but I’ve:
* Changed our address on all our credit cards, bank, and other business relationships.
* Cleaned the strainers on our AC thru-hulls.
* Made our Satellite Tracker operational.
Cindy returned from Ohio yesterday after a little extended stay with family. Together, we’ll try to get everything else done before we cast off the lines on Monday. To do:
* Do our laundry for the last time at our marina. We’ll soon experience the challenge of doing laundry while cruising.
* Top off the water tanks and empty holding tank.
* Collect all our lines attached to the pilings around our slip.
* Drop off our P.O. Box keys at the P.O.
* Provision for the next three weeks of cruising.
* Fill up our propane tanks.
* Return our rental car.
* Have the cable guy come out and disconnect our service and reclaim equipment
* Have Beatitude’s bottom cleaned.
* Other things I probably don’t remember (that hopefully I will before its too late).
It’s feels a little surreal that our departure is just a few days away! After returning to the water after a week on land, my love and enjoyment of the water has been confirmed and renewed. It won’t be long!